Saturday, September 20, 2008

Adopting a Soldier



I would love to thank all of you that have made an effort to make my life a little nicer out here in Afghanistan. You are the best. I can't describe with words what just a little care package from the states can mean to us out here, it can make our month to just get one little package with a letter that says someone back home cares. Several of you have asked how you might be able to help out and get more involved with either your ward or even just as a family. I found this website that has been one of the best sites for getting stuff to soldiers http://www.adoptaussoldier.org/
I think it would be awesome to have you all join the site and adopt a soldier or two. It will make you feel like you are doing your part to fight this war on terrorism and will give you the satifaction that can only come when we are in the service of our fellow man. I have heard some awesome stories of Soldiers becoming life-long friends with some of the people that adopted them and not to mention this is a great opportunity to share the Book of Mormon and the Gospel. Hope you all know how much I love you and may the Lord bless and keep you.

Paul

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am a member of the Service Council on UVU campus. I will run that by the members and I'm sure many would love to help! :D