Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Taking Action

I got a notice today from NWYC, notifying me that the senators which represent my vote in the Senate both voted YES on a bill that I would have thrown out the window. So this was my nice response.
Senators Hatch and Bennett,

As a 13 year National Guard veteran approaching my second tour to the Middle East. I would like to give you a quick suggestion in reference to your recent (Yes) vote on Pell Grants. Instead of giving away tax dollars to those "that can't afford to go to school" (not true) give them the number for their local Armed Forces recruiting office and let them earn it. Grants of this type don't allow people to create value in exchange for their Human Life Value so your vote is aiding in the creation of a generation of Moochers. There are so many other options out there that could be utilized, other than increasing the amount of money students can get for FREE (FREE MONEY is also not true).

Sincerely,

Silencio Diakos

No comments: