Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rest Day #2


Paul Diamond, Chief Wiggles and Lt. Thomas enjoying the spirit of the season at a Christmas program. All things considered this was a fun Christmas weekend. I had a lot of fun taking stockings around the base and giving them to people we know as well as some complete strangers. It was so fun to see their faces light up as we gave them such a small gift of kindness. A special thanks to all the Utahan's that provided the stockings through Operation Give. You are the BEST!!!
This morning after church, I decided to make some scones with honey butter and a Mountain-man breakfast in my Dutch oven. I shouldn't brag but it turned out pretty darn good. I really enjoy sharing good food with my friends, feeding people is such an amazing way to bring folks closer together. I still think the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" needs a chapter added to it called "The Art of Dutch oven cooking and making Friends".
I guess I'll have to add that to my list of things I need to do somewhere down the road.
Well the sleep monster is pulling on my eyelids too hard to fight any longer so I will say so long for now.
Have a Great Night.

1 comment:

lyn. said...

There is definitely nothing like Dutch Oven cooking!! I think we have at least 12 Dutch Ovens of various sizes and shapes...

Where does one get a Dutch Oven in Iraq, anyway?